- General Management of Medical Conditions
- Health Promotion Advice
- Emergency Care
- Referral for Other Services (where appropriate)
- Urgently Required Care for Temporary Residents
- Management of Chronic Disease – see “Clinics”
- Health Care Assistant – By appointment for Blood Tests and collection of general health readings (blood pressure etc.)
- Cervical Screening – By appointment with the Practice Nurse
- Contraceptive Services/Family Planning – By appointment with Dr Ray or the Practice Nurse
- Maternity Services – A Midwife is available each Thursday afternoon by appointment
- Vaccinations & Immunisations
- Childhood Immunisations & Pre-School Boosters – See above
- Flu Injections for 65 yrs & over, plus ‘At Risk Patients’ – By appointment (normally October – December)
- Minor Surgery – Specific procedures by appointment with Dr Ray
- Breathing Exercises – Advice and guidance on the advantages of breathing in a correct manner. By appointment each Wednesday with Dr Ray
- Dietician – By appointment on the 4th Friday of each month
- Registered patients aged 16-75 who have not been seen for 3 years may request a consultation.
- Registered patients aged over 75 years who have not been seen in the previous 12 months may request a consultation.
(If you are unable to attend the surgery for these checks because of your medical condition a home visit may be arranged)
The Surgery also offers weekly “Yoga Breathing” classes each Wednesday lunchtime on a free basis for patients and others. We have had excellent results from patients who have reversed their dependency on prescription medication for Diabetes; CHD & CKD as well as anti-depressant medication.
Click here to view the leaflet on our Yoga Breathing session.
The Practice Nurse has clinics for complaints such as Asthma, Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease, Hypertension, Stroke, Hypothyroidism, and Epilepsy. It is important that if you have one or more of the above illnesses that you see the Practice Nurse at least annually.
We offer a NHS Health Check Clinic every Wednesday afternoon for patients who would like to have a routine health check. This targetted at patients between the age of 40 and 75 who Do NOT have regular check ups with the doctor.
Out Of Hours
If you need a doctor urgently outside the normal surgery hours please telephone the normal surgery number (01695 572714). A recorded message will inform you how to contact the out-of-hours service provided by Central Lancashire PCT.
For general health advice you can also telephone NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or online at www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk